The Craft: Behind The Scenes Of The Fender American Standard Build Process
Here's a handful of really short videos from the fender.com website: A GLANCE BEHIND THE SCENES - What happens when you combine 60 years of sawdust with 60 years of passion? Discover what it takes to create the ultimate American-made guitar.
Published Jul 23 by Tom Grubb
Taylor Guitars Factory Tour and Build Process
These video's are from about 5 years ago but they're still worth a look to any fans of Taylor Guitars or people just interested in the build process of Acoustic Guitars. Check out these four videos courtesy of Musician's Friend on the body construction, neck construction, finish application and final assembly of Taylor Guitars.
Published Jul 15 by Tyson Fish
Checking In At 20
I came across this short documentary last night and I thought it was well worth a share. It looks at two of the most iconoclastic drummers of the last two decades from two of indie rocks most progressive bands. Greg Saunier from Deerhoof and Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt have continued to push the envelope since their respective bands formations in 1994. This documentary looks at their approach and philosophy towards the drum kit and features interviews from The Flaming Lips, Thee Oh Sees, Les Savy Fav and more.
Published Jul 8 by Daniel Moss
- Q&A: Yoshihiro Ikegami from Boss
- Q&A: Jon Cusack from Cusack Music and Mojo Hand FX
- New Releases from Roland's #909 Day
- What is Recorded Music's Greatest Year?
- Q&A: Jamie Stillman from Earthquaker Devices
- Remembering Prince: Five Classic Albums
- In The Blues Visits World of Music: Amp Shootout
- The Studio Innovation of Sir George Martin and The Beatles