Highlights from The Namm Show 2016
The annual Winter NAMM show has just wrapped up in Anaheim, California. As usual the industry is abuzz with new models and reissues of old classics throughout the musical instrument and hi-tech world. There's a lot to take in, so we've picked our favourite 20.
Published Jan 25 by Daniel Moss
A True Iconoclast: The Legacy of David Bowie and his 36 Greatest Songs
For some reason we assumed him immortal, a man of so many faces, so many personas. But ultimately he was just David Robert Jones - a mere mortal from South London. Although just a regular guy like the rest of us, the influence of David Bowie on music and culture as we know it today is immense.
Published Jan 15 by Daniel Moss
New Effects coming from Earthquaker Devices
It's almost NAMM time, which means lots of new gear is about to be announced really soon! Akron, Ohio's finest Earthquaker Devices have just announced a heap of new effects including Tremolo, Fuzz, Boost, Overdrive, Distortion, Envelope Filter and Delay/Reverb.
Published Jan 13 by Daniel Moss
- Q&A: Yoshihiro Ikegami from Boss
- Q&A: Jon Cusack from Cusack Music and Mojo Hand FX
- New Releases from Roland's #909 Day
- What is Recorded Music's Greatest Year?
- Q&A: Jamie Stillman from Earthquaker Devices
- Remembering Prince: Five Classic Albums
- In The Blues Visits World of Music: Amp Shootout
- The Studio Innovation of Sir George Martin and The Beatles