Checking In At 20
I came across this short documentary last night and I thought it was well worth a share. It looks at two of the most iconoclastic drummers of the last two decades from two of indie rocks most progressive bands. Greg Saunier from Deerhoof and Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt have continued to push the envelope since their respective bands formations in 1994. This documentary looks at their approach and philosophy towards the drum kit and features interviews from The Flaming Lips, Thee Oh Sees, Les Savy Fav and more.
Published Jul 8 by Daniel Moss
The Roland BT-1 Bar Trigger with Sarah Jones (Hot Chip, Bat For Lashes)
Jones runs a hybrid acoustic and electronic setup in her work with Hot Chip and
Bat for Lashes. Here's a great little video from Roland in the UK where she shows us how she incorporates it all using the BT-1
Bar Triggers and an SPDSX Sample Pad from Roland.
Published May 27 by Tyson Fish
- Q&A: Yoshihiro Ikegami from Boss
- Q&A: Jon Cusack from Cusack Music and Mojo Hand FX
- New Releases from Roland's #909 Day
- What is Recorded Music's Greatest Year?
- Q&A: Jamie Stillman from Earthquaker Devices
- Remembering Prince: Five Classic Albums
- In The Blues Visits World of Music: Amp Shootout
- The Studio Innovation of Sir George Martin and The Beatles