Strymon BlueSky Reverberator
Strymon BlueSky Reverberator
The philosophy behind our blueSky Reverberator is simple-take a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP and dedicate it to doing one thing only: producing the most lush, majestic and stunning reverbs ever. Many hours and sleepless nights in the Strymon sound design labs were devoted to developing the complex reverb algorithms found inside blueSky. We squeezed every last drop of processing power available.
Whether you're a classic spring reverb fan or a studio rack aficionado, you'll find your mojo here. blueSky provides three different reverb types, each with three modes, for a total of nine completely unique reverb experiences. blueSky even delivers an extremely versatile plate reverb, a rarity for a stompbox pedal. A full pre-delay and damping section provide deep reverb tone shaping. Add the mod and shimmer modes and you're in store for unending reverb bliss. Couple that with 24-bit 96kHz converters and 115dB typical signal to noise, blueSky is equally at home on top of a studio console as it is in front of a tube amp.
Normal mode provides an unmodified version of the selected reverb type.
Mod mode adds gorgeous modulation to the selected reverb type.
Shimmer mode adds regenerative pitch shifting "in the tank" for a reverb trail that rises into the clouds. With the Plate type, pitch shifting is octave-up. With Room and Spring types, pitch shifting is an octave plus a fifth.
Plate is an intensely high quality vintage studio plate reverb.
Room is a versatile room ranging in size from a small bedroom to a massive arena, depending on where you have your Decay, Mix and Pre-Delay set.
Spring is an excellent recreation of the best spring reverbs we've found.
- Hand crafted, computationally intense Plate, Room and Spring algorithms
- Normal, Mod and Shimmer modes per algorithm for extremely versatile reverb options
- High Damp and Low Damp controls for über-flexible reverb tone shaping
- Mod mode for a beautifully modulated spring, room or plate reverb
- Shimmer mode for infinite pitch effects "in the tank"
- Dedicated Pre-Delay control to fine tune reflection times
- Stereo input and output
- Favorite footswitch to save a favorite sound
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when the effect is engaged
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight sky blue anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor