Gibson J-45 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic/Electric
The J-45 is Gibson's best-selling acoustic of all time. Nicknamed "The Workhorse" and first introduced in 1942, this iconic acoustic has become the cornerstone of its round-shoulder, dreadnought line. World renowned for its full, balanced expression, warm bass and excellent projection, the 2016 J-45 has been refined to carry this legacy to new heights.
- Black Graphtec Nut: Graph Tech precision molds and engineers it's nuts to create the most consistent tone, string balance as well as precise string spacing to create the perfect piece for your instrument.
- Mother of Pearl Gibson Block Inlay: The headstock logo has been upgraded to the classic Gibson block inlay.
- New 2016 Truss Rod Cover: New for the 2016 line, custom engraved 2016 truss rod covers
- Upgraded Pickup: The LR Baggs Element VTC is an award winning undersaddle pickup with unrivaled dynamic range. The sleek and small pickup design features a volume and tone knob inside the sound hole.
- Improved Feel: Gibson Acoustic "rolls" the edges of the fingerboard into the curve of the neck profile for a sublimely comfortable playing feel.
- Enhanced Finish: The use of finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds in a laborious hand-rubbed process results in a smoother high-gloss finish.
- Premium Setup: A final setup on our German-engineered Plek system yields uncompromising playability, which is completed by hand for utter perfection.
- Smoother Hand Rubbed and Oiled Fingerboards: Deeper penetrating oils hand rubbed into critical wood components yield smoother and more durable fingerboards and bridges.
|| Solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce
|Back & Sides:
|| Solid Mahogany
|| Mahogany, Slim Taper Profile
|| Black Tusq, 1.725" Width
|| Rosewood, 12" Radius
|| Vintage Sunburst, Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
|| Nickel Grover Rotomatics
|| Rosewood Belly Up Traditional w/ Tusq Saddle
|| LR Baggs VTC
|| Tortoise Teardrop
|Truss Rod Cover:
|| Gibson Hardshell