World of Music we recognise the importance of privacy protection. The types of
personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our
website. You can be certain that the information that we receive from you will
be treated as strictly confidential. By visiting the worldofmusic.com.au site
information about you in the following ways.
VOLUNTARY PROVIDED INFORMATION
We store the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer when you visit our site. This information is used only to create broad demographic summaries and reports on user location percentages and the like. Our use of these IP addresses does not go so far as to identify the actual users of the site.
If you do not want information collected through cookies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept them. However cookies may be necessary in providing you with certain features within our site such as our online store.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your registration information and other voluntarily submitted information, including personal information, in the following ways:
- To enable us to process and verify subscriptions.
- To enable us to verify user credentials in order to maintain security efficiency.
- To provide our editors with information that is useful in developing new features and services for our users.
- To allow us to potentially vary advertising based on user preference, usage preferences, and demographics.
- To enable us to develop and improve the features, content, and services available through the site.
- To contact you regarding subscription renewals, other subscription-related matters and changes to our agreements or policies.
- To contact you regarding new site features, topic-based news alerts, products and product and service buying opportunities.
- To enable us to use aggregate information in a number of ways to improve the site, its content and services.
THE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH WE WILL DISCLOSE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
In the following limited circumstances, we may release personal information to third parties:
- To comply with applicable legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, discovery request, or court order. In special cases such as a physical threat to you or others.
- We also provide personal information to our vendors and suppliers (collectively, "Vendors") when it is necessary for them to provide us or you with products and services that you have requested that we provide. We will require an undertaking from each of these vendors not to further use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than providing us or you with products and services. World of Music cannot guarantee their compliance with this undertaking.
- We may provide information about you to third parties that does not allow you to be identified or contacted ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this information.
If you wish to discuss this policy then please contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY