- Overdrive & Distortion
- Delay & Reverb
- Boost, EQ & Compressor
- Octave, Filter & Synthesizer
- Multi Effects
- Loop Pedals
- Bass Guitar Effects
- Wah, Volume & Expression
- Tuners, Noise Gates & Selectors
- Power Supplies & Pedalboards
- Vocal Effects & Processors
- Acoustic Effects & Processors
- Discount Effects
- Folk & Bluegrass
- Live Sound
Meet the ultimate palmtop guitar companion and recording studio. Only slightly larger than an iPod, the tiny-yet-powerful MICRO BR is a dream for musicians on the go. The MICRO BR offers four simultaneous playback tracks (plus 32 V-Tracks), MP3 compatibility, onboard multi-effects, built-in rhythm patterns, a tuner, USB, an SD Card slot, and more. No guitar case or gig bag should be without one!
- Ultra portable, only slightly larger than an iPod
- 4-track playback, 32 V-Tracks
- Loads and plays MP3 files
- Multi-effects onboard; dedicated guitar input
- Time-Stretch and Center Cancel features (including MP3 files)
- 293 rhythm patterns
- Built-in tuner and microphone
- USB port for data transfer
- SD Card slot for recording media, 128MB card included
BR in Your Pocket or Guitar Case
The MICRO BR is so small you can put it in your pocket! It measures just 136.0 mm x 81.0 mm x 21.4 mm (5-3/8" x 3-3/16" x 7/8"). But even though it’s tiny, the MICRO BR packs an entire studio’s worth of features into its tiny case. There are a dozen buttons on its front panel, nine knobs, and even a built-in microphone for quick capture.
Four Tracks & More
At its core, the MICRO BR is a four-track studio with four simultaneous playback tracks and two simultaneous record/input tracks.However, there’s more to this recorder than meets the eye. Each of the four main playback tracks also has eight companion V-Tracks (for a total of 32), so you can record take after take after take, then pick your best material for final mixdown.
Drum Machine & Effects Onboard
Given the MICRO BR’s small size and low price, you might be surprised to find the next two features onboard: (1) Almost 300 drum patterns are included. Use them for play-along inspiration or even as song foundations. The rhythms don’t consume any of the four playback tracks — they play back independently. (2) A quality multi-effects processor is onboard, including a time-stretch algorithm for changing the tempo of your audio tracks without changing pitch — a great tool for both audio editing and phrase training. The Time Stretch feature can also be used with MP3 data; the MICRO BR's Center Cancel feature can be applied to MP3 data as well.
The MICRO BR is capable of loading and playing MP3 files. Load up your favorite guitar hero song via USB, slow down the tempo with no pitch change, and learn all of your favorite licks. You can even use the MICRO BR as a standard MP3 player. All of your data is stored on convenient SD (Secure Digital) media found in common electronics shops. The included 128MB card, for example, can record approximately 65 minutes of audio when one mono track is selected.
- 4, V-Track: 32 (8 V-Track per each Track), Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, Up to 4 tracks can be played back simultaneously
- External Memory Capacity
- SD Card: 32 M-1G bytes
- Data Type
- HiFi (MT2), STANDARD (LV1), LONG (LV2),
- Audio Data Type (MP3 Mode)
- MP3 (192 kbps, 44.1 kHz), MP3 (128 kbps, 44.1 kHz), MP3 (64 kbps, 44.1 kHz), WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits) The MICRO BR can play the MP3 in bit rate range of 64--320 kbps.
- Signal Processing
- AD Conversion: 24 bits + AF method (GUITAR IN, onboard mic), 24 bits (LINE IN/MIC), DA Conversion: 24 bits
AF method (Adaptive Focus method) Adaptive Focus is a unique Roland/BOSS technology that allows the signal noise (S/N) ratios of AD and DA converters to be vastly improved.
- Sample Rate
- 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Recording Time (conversion in one track)
- HiFi (MT2) STD (LV1) LONG (LV2)
32 MB 15 min. 18 min. 23 min.
64 MB 31 min. 38 min. 47 min.
128 MB 64 min. 76 min. 96 min.
256 MB 128 min. 154 min. 192 min.
512 MB 257 min. 309 min. 386 min.
1 GB 502 min. 604 min. 755 min.
The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
The above number is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the four tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/4 of the above.
The memory capacity (recording time) decreases when the MP3 file etc. exist in the memory.
- Recording Time (conversion in MP3 mode, Stereo)
- MP3 WAV
64 kbps 128 kbps 192 kbps
32 MB 65 min 32 min 21 min 2 min
64 MB 131 min 65 min 43 min 5 min
128 MB 265 min 132 min 88 min 12 min
256 MB 531 min 265 min 177 min 24 min
512 MB 1065 min 532 min 355 min 48 min
1 GB 2081 min 1040 min 693 min 94 min
The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of MP3/WAV files that were created.
The memory capacity (recording time) decreases when the track data (Song) exist in the memory.
- Nominal Input Level (Variable)
- GUITAR / BASS jack: -20 dBu, LINE IN / MIC jack: LINE: -10 dBu (LINE), MIC: -40 dBu (EXT MIC)
- Input Impedance
- GUITAR / BASS jack: 1 M ohms, LINE IN / MIC jack: LINE: 16 k ohms, EXT MIC, Plug-in Power = OFF: 18 k ohms, EXT MIC, Plug-in Power = ON: 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- PHONES / LINE OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Nominal Output Impedance
- PHONES / LINE OUT jack: 33 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance
- PHONES / LINE OUT jack: 16-100 ohms (PHONES), LINE: 1 k ohms or greater (LINE OUT)
- USB Connector (mini B type)
- 16 Characters x 2 Lines, 22 icons (White Backlit LCD)
- GUITAR / BASS jack (1/4 inch phone type), LINE IN / MIC jack (Stereo miniature phone type, supports Plug-in Power), PHONES / LINE OUT jack (Stereo miniature phone type), USB connector (mini B type)
- Power Supply
- DC 3 V: Dry battery LR6 (AA) type (alkaline) x 2, DC 9 V: Supply AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw
- 140 mA (when you use the PSA series), 320 mA (when you use the dry batteries)
- Expected battery life uner continuous use
- Alkaline dry cell batteries Approximately 6 hours (with power save function) * The time may vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of SD memory card used.
- Soft Case, Size AA alkaline dry cell battery x 2, Demo card (128 MB SD Memory Card:Already inserted when the MICRO BR is shipped), Owner's Manual, Leaflets (About Memory Cards, Information/Effect Patch List)
- AC Adaptor: PSA-Series
- Confirmed operation memory cards
- RP-SDQ01GJ1A, RP-SDR01GJ1A
- HAGIWARA SYS-COM
- RP-SD512BJ1A, RP-SDR512J1A
- HAGIWARA SYS-COM
- Size and Weight
- 136 mm5-3/8 inches
- 82 mm3-1/4 inches
- 22 mm0-7/8 inches
- 130 g0 lbs. 5 oz.
- Weight excluding SD memory card and batteries
- * 0 dBu= 0.775 Vrms
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
|MICRO BR Demo Video||Phil Gates takes you on a guided tour of the Micro-BR Digital Recorder.|
|MICRO BR NAMM Booth Demo||Phil Gates shows off the Micro-BR during Summer NAMM 2006.|
|MICROtracks Volume 1||MICROtracks are free MP3 files for the MICRO BR designed to help you get better at soloing on guitar. Designed by BOSS guitar gurus Paul Hanson and Robert Marcello, each file comes with instructions and a chord chart. Load them into your MICRO BR and change the tempo or loop a section for the ultimate practice tool.|
|MICROtracks Volume 2||MICROtracks Volume 2 includes four additional tracks to help you get better at soloing on guitar. Designed by BOSS guitar gurus Paul Hanson and Robert Marcello, each file comes with instructions and a chord chart. Load them into your MICRO BR and change the tempo or loop a section for the ultimate practice tool.|
|MICROtracks Volume 3||MICROtracks Volume 3 includes 71 additional tracks to help you get better at soloing on guitar.|
|BR WAV Converter v3.1 (PC)||The BR Series WAVE Converter allows import/export of BR-Series tracks into WAV/AIFF files.|
|BR WAV Converter v3.11 (Mac)||The BR Series WAVE Converter allows import/export of BR Series tracks into WAV/AIFF files.|
|MICRO BR Q&A||A collection of popular articles from the MICRO BR knowledge base.|
|MICRO BR TurboStart|
|BOSS Product Catalog 2008||Forging the Future - Innovation for Creative Inspiration
BOSS forges into 2008 with an awe-inspiring lineup of effects, digital studios, and accessories.
|Zero Magazine Article, 2006-11 (MICRO BR)||Never pay for demo recordings again! The Micro BR Digital Recorder is the ultimate
DIY artists tool...
|MICRO BR Brochure|
|BOSS Product Catalog 2012|