Roland's SPD-SX Sampling Pad is the professional touring standard for triggering custom samples, loops, and even complete backing tracks. It also supports real-time sample capture with its exclusive Multi-Pad Sampling function. The SPD-SX Special Edition is identical in functionality to the original SPD-SX, but features greatly expanded onboard storage. With 16 GB of internal memory available, it's now possible to load enough studio-quality WAV samples to last an entire gig and beyond.
The SPD-SX Special Edition is also ready to support every serious musician's workflow, from WAV sound production to setting up the samples and assigning instruments for performing, thanks to the bundled Ableton Live Lite license and Wave Manager software. And with its striking Sparkling Red finish, this powerful instrument has a bold, distinctive look that sets it apart from other gear on stage. Offering enhanced capabilities and a standout appearance, the SPD-SX Special Edition is the perfect solution for pro players who need a sampling pad that can handle all the sounds they need for every stage and studio situation.
- 16 GB internal memory supports up to 50 hours of mono sample storage, eliminating the need to carry additional external memory
- Ableton Live Lite license included for sophisticated sample creation
- Sparkling Red finish for a distinctive look on the stage
- Nine easy-to-play, velocity-sensitive rubber pads with LED illumination for dark stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling allows you to sample directly into the SPD-SX - simply choose a pad, and then strike it to start sampling
- Three onboard multi-effects processors (master effect and two kit effects) for powerful real-time sound processing while performing
- Easily import, assign, and organize samples by connecting to your computer via USB and using the included Wave Manager software
A powerful-yet-intuitive lineup of features has been built into the SPD-SX Special Edition, including Multi-Pad Sampling. While audio streams in from an external audio player or computer via the Audio In or USB jacks, simply strike each pad at the appropriate start/end points and the sample will be automatically truncated and assigned to that pad. This logical sampling process is a fast, friendly way to create multi-sampled phrases and pad maps, making it simple to capture those moments of inspiration with no hassle.
The SPD-SX Special Edition was designed for professional musicians who need increased capacity and capability. The 16 GB internal memory allows you to store up to 50 hours of 16-bit/44.1 kHz mono audio (maximum 10,000 files), so you're able to carry your entire sample library inside the unit, with no external memory required. In addition to the master outputs, sub outputs are available for monitoring or sending individual pads to separate channels on the mixing desk. You can also route the internal click through the phones output only, and easily control it with the dedicated volume knob and start/stop button. It's even possible to route individual pads through the phones output as well. And if you want a larger setup, up to four extra pads can be connected.*
*Two 1/4-inch stereo external trigger inputs support connecting up to four pads using stereo-to-dual mono splitter cables.