Masterful Sound, Extraordinary Creative Power
Filled with newly developed BOSS technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more. From basic echo toRead More
Filled with newly developed BOSS technology, the DD-500 is the most powerful and versatile stompbox delay ever created. This incredible sound-creation toolbox offers 12 distinctive delay modes with exceptional audio quality, plus deep editing controls, a graphic display, patch memories, MIDI, and much more. From basic echo to dead-on emulations of classic delays to incredibly lush spatial textures that take your breath away, the DD-500 will launch your music places you never thought possible.
DD-500 Version 2 Software: New and Improved Control Parameters, Routing Options, and Effects for Increased Performance Flexibility.
The feature-packed Version 2 software update brings powerful new performance enhancements and unparalleled flexibility to the DD-500. Even more control has been added, with an improved A/B simultaneous mode for advanced routing as well as new Series and Parallel modes. Five new effect types have been added to the current delay algorithms, plus many updated parameters common to all modes. The update also offers lots of user-requested features, including additional MIDI controls, new modulation types, a feedback loop function for inserting external effects, adjustable input and output levels, selectable EQ position, and more.
- Studio-level stereo sound with 32-bit/96 kHz processing throughout
- 12 versatile delay modes from vintage to modern deliver unlimited creative possibilities
- Unrivaled real-time expression with customizable control settings for onboard and external switches
- Graphic LCD for easy, intuitive operation while performing and editing
- Onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Equipped with a built-in Phrase Looper, MIDI, USB, and more
- Selectable buffered or true-bypass operation
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
- Standard: Clear digital delay.
- Analog: Emulates classic analog "BBD" delays like the BOSS DM series.
- Tape: Emulates the warm sound of tape-based delay units, including the Maestro Echoplex and legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
- Vintage Digital: Emulations of early digital delays from the 1980s, including Roland's famous SDE-2000 and SDE-3000 rack units and the BOSS DD-2, the original stompbox digital delay.
- Dual: Two different delay lines that can be connected in series or parallel.
- Pattern: Sixteen different delay lines that can be set independently for all types of unique rhythmic effects. Reverse: Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones.
- SFX: "Special effects" delay with a highly unique sound character. Shimmer: Pitch-shifted delays for lush, heavenly textures. Filter: Delay with a sweeping filter.
- Slow Attack: Ethereal delays that fade in with playing dynamics.
- Tera Echo: Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the innovative BOSS TE-2 pedal.
- Tap: Set the delay in time with a song's tempo.
- Hold: The delay's feedback is held continuously while the switch is pressed.
- Warp: Increases the delay's feedback and level simultaneously for powerful expressive effects.
- Twist: Adjusts multiple delay parameters with a single press, creating wild sounds similar to twisting the panel knobs in real time.
- Moment: Outputs the delay sound only when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/2: Cuts the delay time to 1/2 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/4: Cuts the delay time to 1/4 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Roll 1/8: Cuts the delay time to 1/8 of the current setting when you hold down the switch.
- Fade In: Fades in the delay sound.
- Fade Out: Fades out the delay sound.
- Assign 1-8: Allows you to assign and control up to eight different delay parameters at once.