The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal is an extremely powerful and versatile multi-function reverb that can quickly go from small intimate room sounds to massive washes of experimental euphoria with six customised, studio-quality programs – Spring, Hall, Plate, BFR, RFRCT (Refract), and Air. Every program can be tuned and tweaked and then saved to one of nine on-board presets. It features a volume swell effect that can be applied to any program, sustain and latching momentary features, stereo in and out, MIDI control, and up to nine on-board presets (128 via MIDI). Players of all styles and genres will be able to find eternal inspiration with the Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal.
High-Fidelity Stereo Reverb
The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal boasts studio-grade reverbs from intimate and smaller room sounds to channeling choirs of angels. Six highly tweakable programs await and are ready to be explored. It also boasts stereo in and out, up to nine on-board presets (128 via MIDI).
9 on-board presets, 128 accessible via MIDI
The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal is able to be controlled via standard MIDI messages. Simply connect your MIDI controller to the R1 MIDI “IN”. Downstream MIDI devices can be connected to the MIDI “OUT” which serves as a MIDI passthrough. It is not able to control other devices via MIDI and ships with the MIDI channel set to 1 by default. Refer to the manual for more info.
The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal can save up to nine on-board presets, and up to 128 are accessible via MIDI. On-board presets are accessible with the bank switch. Cycle between presets in each bank by pressing Bypass and tap at the same time. You will see the right LED change from Red to Green to Blue. Any adjustments made in a preset will change the tap LED to purple, indicating you have edited the preset. The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal employs a powerful reverb engine that allows for the true preset spill over. When you switch presets, the new preset loads, and the previous preset is allowed to decay naturally.
The Walrus Audio Mako R1 High Fidelity Stereo Reverb Pedal has three different bypass modes:
- True Bypass
- DSP+True Bypass (trails)
- DSP Bypass (trails)
Press and hold the SUS/LATCH (Sustain/Latch) switch to momentarily sustain the current reverb and continue to play over it through the same reverb algorithm. No dry signal here! Clicking the SUS/LATCH switch lets you latch the present reverb decay while you play over it.
- Spring: The Spring program emulates an excited spring reverb commonly found in tube amps with loads of transducing drip. Easily go from subtle to full-on surf rock. Experiment with the decay knob to get more than average amounts of reverb not found in traditional amp spring reverb tanks. The X knob adds a warm grit to the reverb decay.
- Hall: The Hall program provides the acoustics of large live sound spaces like concert halls to arenas. Longer decays and higher X knob settings result in a massive wash of ambiance. Shorter decay and lower X settings allow for a more intimate reverb expression. The X knob controls the room’s size; smaller at lower settings to larger room sizes as you increase X.
- Plate: The Plate program emulates a smooth analog plate reverb with nice even diffusion inspired by famous plates like the EMT 140. The X knob adds in gentle warm grit to the front end of the program simulating driving a hot signal into the plate.
- BFR: BFR is a no holds barred, big, f____, reverb. This is more than a giant arena reverb. It’s a hall-esque reverb with rich and lush decay in a vast cavern filled with choirs of angels. The X knob controls the amount of diffusion applied to the multi-tap delays used to form the program. At lower X settings, you’ll hear these delays bouncing around for a more textured sound. As you increase the X knob, the delays are diffused, creating a smooth texture, and lifting your riffs and chords into the atmosphere. See ya.
- RFRCT (Refract): The RFRCT program allows for lovely, charming, and glitch-like textures hovering over a largely diffused reverb. The Rate controls on RFRCT change how often the glitch effects occur while Depth controls the overall volume of the glitch effect. The X knob is used to shape the tone of the glitch effect. At zero, the glitch effect will have a lo-fi, almost tape-like sound to them. Increasing the X knob brightens these elements with more pristine details.
- Air: The Air program offers a larger diffused reverb with a subtle shimmer but has a more “crisp” clarity to its decay. Explore slow-building sounds that don’t get in the way of your playing. Air complements keys and synths as well. The X knob controls the amount of the wind and shimmer elements in the Air program. At zero the effect will be off. Turning clockwise will increase the volume of the air effect.
Use the Tune knob to shape the amount of low and high frequencies in the reverb signal. The X position is unique to program-specific features listed above.
Each program can be fully customised to your taste and playing style with the Tweak knob.
- Rate: Controls the rate of the LFO applied to the wet reverb signal.
- Depth: Controls the Depth of the LFO applied to the reverb signal.
- Pre Delay: Controls how long it takes after you play for the reverb to become audible.
Walrus audio products are covered by a limited lifetime manufacturer warranty.
Although we are not authorised to determine if any repair is covered under warranty, if the item was purchased through World of Music, then we are often the best people to facilitate the claim for you and will do so as timely as possible. Warranty does not apply to cosmetic damage or faults that are a result of user neglect. Although your mate is really handy with a soldering iron, any product modification or home repair will also result in a void warranty.
Quite often, something perceived as a fault is as simple as a faulty cable or power issue so we always suggest checking over Frequently Asked Questions on the manufacturer website first. It can be a helpful approach to getting to the bottom of a problem and save you a lot of time in getting your gear back up and running!
This item ships via courier; fully insured for your peace of mind. Orders require a signature on delivery and we suggest using an address where someone will be present for the speediest delivery time. For delivery attempts with no one present to sign, your order will be taken to the courier depot and a card will be left for you to organise redelivery.