Powered by advanced BOSS technology, the ultra-versatile MD-500 delivers nearly any type of modulation effect a musician could want, and then some. Included are 28 different algorithms with intensive programming parameters, offering a nearly limitless sound palette to create with. And with class-defying 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bitRead More
Powered by advanced BOSS technology, the ultra-versatile MD-500 delivers nearly any type of modulation effect a musician could want, and then some. Included are 28 different algorithms with intensive programming parameters, offering a nearly limitless sound palette to create with. And with class-defying 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout, you'll enjoy pristine sound quality that extends beyond the capabilities of the very best studio hardware.
Effects in the MD-500 include many new Prime types developed with cutting-edge BOSS tech, plus authentic sonic recreations of vintage classics like the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, Roland Dimension D, '70s script phaser, '80s tri-chorus, and numerous others. With the ability to use two patches at once with A/B Simul mode, the MD-500 can likely cover all your mod needs with one convenient pedal. And by inserting drive pedals in the MD-500's flexible external loop, it's easy to place mod effects before, after, or around the loop as needed for the very best sound.
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes and 28 modulation types, all with deep editing parameters
- Classic mod effects and BOSS originals, newly enhanced with cutting-edge technology
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection and mixed or split A/B output
- Insert Loop function allows you to use mod effects before, after, or around drive pedals
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
MD-500 MODES AND ALGORITHMS
- Chorus-Four types: Prime, CE-1 Chorus, CE-1 Vibrato, and TRI-CHO.
- Flanger-Two types: Prime G (for guitar) and Prime B (for bass).
- Phaser- Three types: Prime G (for guitar), Prime B (for bass), and Script.
- Classic Vibe-Two types: Chorus (mixed output) and Vibrato (effect-only output).
- Vibrato-Two types: Prime and Scanner (tonewheel organ-style vibrato).
- Tremolo-Four types: Prime T and Prime P, plus Twin and Deluxe amp-style tremolo.
- Dimension-Models the legendary Roland SDD-320 Dimension D rack unit; includes the original four sound modes and an all-new fifth mode, plus a user setting for saving any combination of modes.
- Ring Mod-Classic ring modulation effects, plus Intelligent mode for enhanced clarity when playing scales.
- Rotary-Vintage rotating speaker effect with slow and fast speeds.
- Filter-Auto wah and touch wah (with independent types optimized for guitar and bass), plus pattern filter type.
- Slicer-Original BOSS effect derived from the popular SL-20 Slicer, with programmable options not available in the SL-20 pedal.
- Overtone-Original BOSS effect based on the MO-2 Multi Overtone pedal; uses MDP tech to alter the input signal's pitch and harmonic characteristics, allowing you to create unique new sound textures.