For players investigating the Roland LX700 series and looking for the right balance between features and price, the LX706 demands a closer look. Designed for discerning pianists, the LX706 sits at the mid-point of the LX700 range, recreating the classic performance of an acoustic grand in a home-friendly format. Just like the flagship LX708 model, you’ll find a choice of authentic piano tones and onboard ambience technology, plus a dynamic Hybrid Grand Keyboard to spark your creativity. But with a more compact cabinet, closed-lid design and six-speaker system, the LX706 matches its pro-level performance with a budget-conscious price.
With its shorter cabinet height and closed-lid format, this sleek model is ideal for players who can’t spare the space for the taller LX708. The clean lines and lustrous finish instantly catch the eye, while closer inspection reveals the signature build features that make the LX series so enticing. Traditional and timeless – but with a twist – the LX706 is an instrument that complements your living space without dominating it. Available in polished ebony, dark rosewood and charcoal.
From dramatic left-hand rhythms to delicate top-note trills, the LX706 will keep you inspired with its new Hybrid Grand Keyboard and Progressive Damper Action pedals. Every key on the LX706’s Grand Hybrid keyboard is longer than on typical digital pianos; the extra length means the pivot point sits further back, so less pressure is needed to depress each key – and your hands won’t grow tired when playing over longer periods. The white keys combine sleek wooden sides with a durable inner frame for maintenance-free reliability. And when playing, you’ll feel the ideal balance of pressure, momentum and return movement, along with smooth vertical travel, while the addition of pedals that enable a variety of advanced techniques makes this an authentic and thrilling piano experience.
With a more streamlined take on the LX708’s Acoustic Projection System, the LX706 is still powerful and flexible enough for any musical scenario, with a three-way, six-speaker layout. Each of the three pairs of speakers are optimised to deliver superior sound reproduction across the piano’s dynamic range – even down to the noise as the hammers strike the strings, or the resonance of the cabinet as the sound reverberates through the piano’s body. Whether playing or streaming, you’ll hear your music with crystal-clear clarity.
- RPB400RW Bench
- KSL706DR Stand
- Express yourself with Hybrid Grand Keyboard and Progressive Damper Action Pedals
- Authentic acoustic tone from Roland’s PureAcoustic Piano Modeling technology
- Choice of two world-class piano models – European grand and American grand
- Capture the atmosphere of the world’s greatest stages and studios
- ‘My Stage’ allows you to select the best combination of piano sound and ambience to emulate specific playing venues
- Acoustic Projection System, with 3-way/6-speaker that work together to recreate the deep, rich sound field of an acoustic piano
- Headphones Acoustic Projection for immersive and realistic playing experience when practicing on headphones
- Includes a large and versatile collection of non-piano sounds such as electric piano, strings, organ, and many others
- Simple and modern luxury cabinet design featuring elegant front legs and sophisticated curves, invites you to play everyday
- Connect your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth and practice piano with audio from apps routed through the piano’s speaker system
- Compatible with Piano Every Day app which encourages you to play the piano more often
Size (including piano stand)
Weight (including piano stand)
216 lbs 1 oz
LX706-CH, LX706-CHL, LX706-DR
212 lbs 12 oz
Roland HP,GP and LX series digital pianos are covered by a 10 year manufacturer warranty.
Although we are not authorised to determine if any repair is covered under warranty, if the item was purchased through World of Music, then we are often the best people to facilitate the claim for you and will do so as timely as possible. Warranty does not apply to cosmetic damage or faults that are a result of user neglect. Although your mate is really handy with a soldering iron, any product modification or home repair will also result in a void warranty.
Quite often, something perceived as a fault is as simple as a faulty cable or power issue so we always suggest checking over Frequently Asked Questions on the manufacturer website first. It can be a helpful approach to getting to the bottom of a problem and save you a lot of time in getting your gear back up and running!
Roland products ship via courier from either our Melbourne store or Roland’s warehouse in Sydney; fully insured for your peace of mind. Orders require a signature on delivery and we suggest using an address where someone will be present for the speediest delivery time. For delivery attempts with no one present to sign, your order will be taken to the courier depot and a card will be left for you to organise redelivery