Previously, the only avenue to an authentic piano sound and touch was a large, heavy, and hard-to-carry keyboard. Now, with the RD-64 Digital Piano, stage and studio players can enjoy Roland's acclaimed piano features in a compact, travel-friendly instrument. SuperNATURAL® Piano technology powers ultra-expressive acousticRead More
Previously, the only avenue to an authentic piano sound and touch was a large, heavy, and hard-to-carry keyboard. Now, with the RD-64 Digital Piano, stage and studio players can enjoy Roland's acclaimed piano features in a compact, travel-friendly instrument. SuperNATURAL® Piano technology powers ultra-expressive acoustic piano tones, while the 64-note Ivory Feel-G keyboard provides a true weighted-action playing feel. Also onboard is a selection of SuperNATURAL-based vintage EPs, plus essential clav and organ tones. Controller mode instantly turns the RD-64 into a flexible MIDI master keyboard, with a special one-touch setup that unlocks the SuperNATURAL sound potential in a connected INTEGRA-7 sound module or JUPITER-80/-50 synth. Streamlined and mobile, the RD-64 delivers piano-action performance and impressive versatility for live playing, on-the-go composing, home studios, teaching labs, and beyond.
- Grand piano sound and weighted keyboard action in a compact, mobile instrument
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine delivers authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds
- E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology provides vintage electric pianos modeled with extraordinary accuracy
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch
- Streamlined design that's light and easy to carry
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category
- Controller mode* provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 synthesizers
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM
- iPad compatibility via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
With the RD-64, gigging players now have access to a compact, weighted-action stage piano that's as easy to transport as a synthesizer. The streamlined, lightweight design fits easily in small vehicles and takes up less space on crowded stages, plus it makes fly dates less costly and more convenient for touring musicians. It also works great as a high-quality, space-saving keyboard for home studios, teaching labs, and mobile composing. The optional CB-61L Carrying Bag is a perfect match for the RD-64, providing durable protection when you're on the move.
SuperNATURAL Piano and Other Essential Sounds
The RD-64 features Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine for top-level acoustic piano tones, plus a selection of expressive SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos. The rich, ultra-responsive sounds have a wide dynamic range with seamless variations in tone, delivering pro results for stage playing and studio recording. Also onboard are a number of clav and organ sounds, giving performing keyboardists the essential sounds they need for playing a wide range of music styles.
Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
The 64-note Ivory Feel-G keyboard in the RD-64 incorporates Roland's most advanced sensor technology, escapement mechanism, and Ivory Feel features. This gives you the superior touch, sensitivity, and appearance of the keyboards found in our flagship 88-note pianos, right down to the unique key material that replicates the authentic texture and moisture-absorbing properties of real ivory and ebony. Combined with the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, the Ivory Feel-G offers expressivity and performance that rivals high-end instruments.
Ideal for iPad Music Production
With an ever-increasing number of music apps available, the iPad is becoming more and more popular for basic production and on-the-go composing. By plugging in via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit, the RD-64 gives you a mobile, weighted-action keyboard to use with the popular tablet computer.