Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB is a desktop recording audio interface for Windows — delivering class-leading audio conversion, two Unison mic preamps, and a suite of onboard UAD plug-ins for recording album-quality results, in real time.
This compact 2×4 interface starts with esteemed Apollo A/D and D/A conversion to sonically outperform anything in its class. And with its Unison technology and built-in UAD‑2 processing, you can record through classic studio tools including the UA 610‑B Tube Preamp & EQ, LA‑2A and 1176 compressors, and more — with near‑zero latency.
Apollo Solo USB’s Unison technology gives you the tone, touch, and “feel” of the world’s most sought‑after preamps. These include the bundled UA 610‑B Tube Preamp, plus authentic mic preamp emulations from Neve® and API,® plus guitar amp emulations from Fender® and Marshall®— complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component‑level circuit behaviors.*
The secret to Unison is its hardware‑software integration between Apollo Solo USB’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 processing. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input in Apollo’s Console software, and it physically reconfigures Apollo’s impedance and gain staging — giving you the classic tube and transformer sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps and guitar amps.
For guitarists and bassists, Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB includes Unison technology on its front panel instrument input — giving you access to dead-on emulations of amps like the Fender® ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Ampeg® B‑15N Bass Amplifier, and the included Marshall®Plexi Classic — all available at near-zero latency for songwriting and recording.
With its robust all-metal construction and exceptional sound quality, Apollo Solo USB is the only desktop audio interface for Windows users that truly delivers professional results. It’s like having a virtual analog studio that fits onto any desktop, and easily travels in your laptop bag.
- PC with available built-in* USB 3 SuperSpeed (Type-A or Type-C port)
- Intel Core i-Series or Xeon processor*
- Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
- USB 3 Type-C cable (not included)*
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 GB available storage
- IF-certified USB 3 SuperSpeed cable (Type-A to Type-C, or Type-C to Type-C)
- Quad Core i7 or better recommended for optimum DAW performance
- USB 3 adapters (such as PCIe-to-USB 3 expansion cards) are not tested
- 2-in-1 systems (notebook/tablet) are not recommended