Our journey begins with the early recording studios of the ’50s and ’60s. The introduction of reel-to-reel tape machines and the creative engineers that used them brought on some of the fattest sounds imaginable. These early machines really were the first effect pedals—they just wouldn’t have fit on your pedalboard!
From the inherent warmth and luscious tape saturation—to the forgotten art of how these machines were manipulated—they are capable of creating a huge range of beautiful, distinctive, and enveloping sounds.
Deco brings this original inspiration back, giving you these vintage tape effects from the earliest recording studios, right on your pedalboard.
Deco’s Tape Saturation smooths out your sound with familiar and delicious tape compression and saturation, while fattening it with subtle tape-driven transparent overdrive. The Doubletracker provides the power to shift your sound in many ways, easily allowing you to achieve syrupy slapback tape echoes, psychedelic tape flanging, and gorgeous tape chorusing sounds.
- Detailed recreation of the mechanics and technology of two vintage studio reel-to-reel tape decks and their interactions
- Nuanced sonic delivery of the classic saturation effects of the tape record/playback process
- Simple and intuitive Lag Time knob allows for slapback delays, tape echoes, tape flanging, tape chorusing
- Two Tape Saturation adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Saturation, Level
- Three Doubletracker adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Lag Time, Blend, Wobble
- Three Doubletracker blend types to tailor doubletracked sound: Sum, Invert, Bounce
- Five “hidden” knobs for deep tone tweaking: High Trim, Low Trim, Auto-Flange Time, Wide Stereo Mode, +/- 3dB Boost/Cut
- Press and hold studio-inspired Auto-Flange effect
True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
High quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
9V center negative DC power supply included, 250mA current draw
Strong and lightweight electroless nickel plated aluminum chassis
Designed and built in the USA
This product is covered by a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
Although we are not authorised to determine if any repair is covered under warranty, if the item was purchased through World of Music, then we are often the best people to facilitate the claim for you and will do so as timely as possible. Warranty does not apply to cosmetic damage or faults that are a result of user neglect. Although your mate is really handy with a soldering iron, any product modification or home repair will also result in a void warranty.
Quite often, something perceived as a fault is as simple as a faulty cable or power issue so we always suggest checking over Frequently Asked Questions on the manufacturer website first. It can be a helpful approach to getting to the bottom of a problem and save you a lot of time in getting your gear back up and running!
This item ships via Australia Post; fully insured for your piece of mind. Orders require a signature on delivery and we suggest using an address where someone will be present for the speediest delivery time. For delivery attempts where no one is present, your order will be taken to your allocated Australia Post location for pickup. A card will be left with instructions of where and when you can collect your order.