SPECIAL CRANKER – An Overdrive You Can Trust
An all-discrete analogue distortion enhancement device designed to give your signal some extra grit
and boost without drastically altering your tone and retaining all of the natural nuances and character
of your amp. Think of it as sticking an extra preamp tube in your amplifier for more saturation.
The Special Cranker picks up where our beloved Speaker Cranker left off. It has the same spongy, dynamic, and touch-sensitive character of the original but with more gain, double the output volume (now with a user-friendly Level control), an added Tone control to shape your signal, and a diode selector switch featuring the original asymmetrical Silicon diodes as well as a hot, new Germanium diode option.
- Gives your signal extra grit and boost without drastically altering your tone and retains all of the natural nuances and character of your amplifier.
- Two distinct clipping modes that are both exceptionally responsive to playing dynamics: Germanium and Silicon
- Germanium mode delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output.
- Silicon mode delivers a brighter, more modern response with higher output
- At maximum gain, the Special Cranker can achieve explosive over-biased tones depending on the output of your pickups.
- Flexible Tone control to give the user full command over the treble frequencies for excellent tone shaping and clarity.
- All-analogue signal path, true bypass, silent relay-based switching with Flexi-Switch Technology
- Lifetime warranty
BOOST YOUR SIGNAL WITHOUT ALTERING YOUR TONE
Single notes will blossom and bloom with rich harmonics and singing sustain with responsive, tube-like sag.
Power chords will sound thicker and crunchier, a little more ragged around the edges.
Complex chords will remain distinct and complex, as the Special Cranker is designed to preserve your tone’s integrity without muddying up the low-end or smearing the midrange.
ACHIEVE EXPLOSIVE OVERBIASED TONES AT MAXIMUM GAIN
The More control goes from nearly clean to a medium gain overdrive when at maximum.
This control adjusts the bias of the transistor, so you may hear a little noise as you turn the control. Don’t freak out; it’s totally fine.
TWO DISTINCT AND RESPONSIVE CLIPPING MODES
The gain characteristics are dependent on which diodes are chosen.
When the Germanium diodes are selected, the Special Cranker delivers a softer, more rounded response with tamed highs and lower output,
while the Silicon diodes add a brighter, more modern edge and higher output. Both are exceptionally responsive to playing dynamics and have excellent clarity.
TONE SHAPING AND CLARITY WITH THE FLEXIBLE TONE CONTROL
The Tone control gives the user full command over treble frequencies, cutting the highs when anti-clockwise and adding a slight high-frequency boost when turned clockwise.
The Level control adjusts the output from nothing to nearly double at maximum.