Tiny, mighty, and affordable, the JD-Xi puts a true analog synth engine, Roland’s famous SuperNATURAL synth sounds, and many other creative tools under one hood. Equipped with 37 mini keys, this compact instrument delivers fat, warm analog bass and lead tones with ample controls for hands-on tweaking, plus polyphonic PCM essentials like pads, strings, brass, and more. Create impressive loops in a flash with the pattern sequencer and built-in drum kits, and explore expressive vocal textures with the gooseneck mic, Vocoder, and AutoPitch. Small in size and large in versatility, the JD-Xi is all about big sounds and big fun!
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines
- Analog synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland’s Axial sound library site
With its unique crossover sound engine, the JD-Xi provides the best of both worlds: the warm, smooth response of classic analog, and the clarity and versatility of modern digital. The newly developed monophonic analog synth section features saw, triangle, and square waveforms with pulse-width modulation and an analog filter, plus an independent sub oscillator for low-end power. Two digital synth sections offer 128-voice polyphony and a wide range of high-quality SuperNATURAL synth tones, including pads, strings, electric piano, sound effects, and many others.
The JD-Xi comes with a sturdy, high-quality gooseneck mic that brings even more fun to the party. Using the Vocoder, you can sing into the mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard. With AutoPitch, it’s simple to achieve the exaggerated, robotic vocal sounds that are common in today’s pop and electronic music styles. There’s also a cool Auto Note function that allows you to “sing” JD-Xi synth sounds without touching the keyboard!