Known as a true renaissance man of the modern music scene, Justin Meldal-Johnsen’s bass credits include Beck, Nine Inch Nails and more. His production credits include Jimmy Eat World, Paramore and M83, among others. JMJ is a shining example of today’s breed of multi-genre musician/producers, ever pushing boundaries and inspiring others. The Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass features the following:
- Road Worn Daphne Blue lacquer finish: This instrument features a Road Worn finish, granting it a cool, aged look and feel—like it has more than a few playing miles on it.
- 30″-scale maple neck; 9.5″-radius rosewood fingerboard: This classic short scale makes it easier to comfortably reach the lower frets while maintaining Fender’s punchy bass sound. The 9.5”-radius fingerboard offers enough arc to provide a natural fret-hand feel
- Custom-spec split-coil Mustang pickup: A major part of the sound, look and appeal of this bass is its custom-spec single-coil Mustang Bass pickup, voiced as closely to his vintage original as possible.
- Vintage-style hardware: Channel the early days of Fender thanks to a vintage-style bass bridge with single-groove saddles for a classic look with plenty of stability and sustain.
- Aged pearl pickguard: The Aged Pearl pickguard is an authentic ’60s-era appointment; it adds a retro-cool vibe to this bass.
- Hipshot “Lollipop” tuners: An original-era element, designed for easy grip and turning power, “Lollipop” tuning machines get their name from the large, round button.